One of our positions has recently been upgraded. The changes from the original job description are shown below. If you are not available or interested, please pass this along at your discretion. We will pay a fee when / if we place your referral at anytime.
The job title has changed from Senior Hyperion Developer/Lead to Project Lead / Senior Hyperion Developer.
The hiring company is a long-time client in NY City. This company is stable, the working environment is flexible and friendly where staff enjoy a high quality of life. Good career path opportunity and excellent/competitive compensation and benefits program are part of the package (starting base salary to $135K plus bonus, but realize starting compensation will be based on qualifications / eligibility).
We can offer this position as a direct hire by the client OR as a consultant through Niche with the client having a right2hire option. These hire options are usually exercised after 6 months, sometimes 12. Note that Niche does not work with third-party agencies but we will hire on a 1099 or W2 contract hourly basis for this position if we go consulting with right2hire. If we do go right2hire, we will work out the starting compensation up-front so that there are no surprises when and if the roll-over kicks in.
While the preference is for someone who currently resides within a reasonable commuting distance to NY city, we will consider qualified applicants who would be willing to relocate to the area. If you are not interested, qualified or available, but know a colleague who may be please feel free to send this to him or her.
Also note that no visa sponsorships or transfers are available.
• Bachelor's degree. BS in Accounting or Computer Sciences preferred. MBA or CPA is a plus.
• 4+ years Hyperion Essbase
• 2+ years with Hyperion Planning
• 2+ years experience with System 9
• Excellent interpersonal/communication skills with a heavy lean into interacting with business units/users to gather/translate requirements (full life cycle)
• Knowledge of/experience with financial application using Planning, Essbase, SmartView, Financial Report, Web Analysis, etc.
• Must understand/experience with dependencies and interrelationships between separate functional modules of Planning among forms, business rules, calc scripts, variables and Essbase databases. Design, build and troubleshoot in these areas with this knowledge/experience
• Experience maintaining the interface points between Planning and other applications
• Experience with scripting languages such as MaxL and Esscmd
• At least 3 full life-cycle development efforts using Hyperion
• Working knowledge of Oracle database views and schema structure
• Creative, highly focused/able person with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Experience in accounting and/or finance highly desirable
• Experienced with HAL
• 5-7 years related work experience
• Mentor and coach junior members of the Hyperion team
• Function as the major point of contact for clients on all production related support and maintenance issues on assigned applications
• Manage hierarchy changes as well as updating substitution variables, calc scripts, run-time prompts, business rules, web forms and reports
• Responsible for all upgrades to the beta, production and DR environments using processes documented and tested in the development environment
• Knowledge of Essbase API functionality
• 3 years MDD modeling
• Experience building OLAP reports, charts and pivots
This role is responsible for providing technical leadership and will function as lead and senior developer for the full development life cycle of applications utilizing BI and EPM technologies.
IF you have the qualifications above, contact us with your updated resume. Be sure to point out which of the above requirements you DO and DO NOT have. We will send you an application within 1 business day and, depending on your qualification, schedule an interview.