Unanswered: Using an HTML form to add a record in FM

Newbie here that needs your help. I'm sure this is easy to do but I don't know the correct HTML tags.

I don't want to use a FM layout as a form. I have a straight HTML form because then I can assure that it's 508 compliant. We have FMPro 10 and FM Server 8 on seperate computers. I have a simple HTML Form that I want to "post" a new record to a FM database. That's all! Easy, right... Once submitted, it should direct the user to a "thank you" page else, if it doesn't submit, than an error page.

Here's my sample form:

EOP Freshmen Contract - Educational Opportunity Program - Cal Poly

Can someone please help. Thanks.

i have the same issue here with some html.
    Here: Mariscosand some here Posicionamiento web
    Last edited by gvee; 05-27-10 at 04:59. Reason: links neutered (Luchopez, let me know if you want them restoring)

If you don't want to use FM's Instant Web Publishing, then you'll need to learn PHP. The newer versions of FileMaker have a nice PHP API assistant to help you get started. But remember dynamic database web pages are not straight html and you'll have to learn PHP. Also, you loose all of FM's secure connections from the server unless you build it into the web server, install your own certificates, set it up on the SSL port, etc. I'm not even sure if FM 8 server supports PHP, but you might could buy a plugin. But then again, upgrading goes a long ways too.

I would take advantage of the current FM offer. You can still upgrade your server to FM server 11 for 599$, but have until september 23rd to do so. After you'll have to buy the full version.
    Last edited by el_pablo; 07-12-10 at 19:03. Reason: typos

I could also benefit from responses to this HTML tags