Question Unanswered: Field Level Encryption in Access 2003

Hi, I'm not sure if there is already an answer to my question, but I was not able to find anything I can use. Does anyone know any utility to encrypt data at field level in Access 2003? Any suggestion? Thanks.

Welcome to the forums.

Here's a thread from not too long ago that dealt with encrypting the fields. See if that's of any use to you, or else let us know what else you're looking for. Cheers.
    Me.Geek = True

Nick;
    Thank you for your help, however I think this is not what I'm looking for. The thread you sent me deals with "input mask" as a way to "hide" data from user view. Unfortunately this is not a very secure option, first of all, you can download free utilities from the web that can break this encryption, plus I need a utility that may encrypt/decrypt the data, so I can show it when needed. I have seen this working (not in Access tables although), so I know this exist for other databases/tables format(s). Thanks.

Did you keep reading down to the bottom of that thread? Izy and healdem offer some encryption solutions. Would that not work for you?
    Me.Geek = True

Yes, I read along, but the solutions offered are not what I expected. What I have seen is a some kind of class that receives any text or numbers as parameters and ecrypts them, then, the encrypted data is saved to a field. When you need to view the data, send the field contents back to the class and it decrypts it, showing you the original value, so your data is always stored within the database. I was hopping to find something like that. Thanks

Provided Answers: 19
    The fact of the matter is that if you need more than has been offered you've chosen the wrong application in Access! You're never going to get NSA/DOD level security with an Access database.
    Hope this helps!

The problem with making anything foolproof...is that fools are so darn ingenious!

All posts/responses based on Access 2003/2007