Unanswered: question about permissions

I have a new developer that has inherited quite a few DTS packages that do everything from executing .exe files to calling stored procedures, ftping files , etc..

On our Production SQL Server, he has read-only to the User Databases only. Problem is, he cannot see the JOBS under the SQL Server Agent. I would like to give him access to be able to view jobs and job history. I've tried all kinds of combinations of permissions and cannot figure this out.. can anyone help me out?

This can be accomplished by giving sysadmin server role for any login in MS SQL server

I don't want to give a Developer SYSADMIN on my Production SQL Server - is there anyway to only give them access to view jobs and job history??

Yes..you can do it by giving access to msdb database and assigning the permission to SQLAgentReaderRole DB role

If you are on 2000 - you can give them access to msdb - as a TargetServers role

awesome!!! I am on 2000 and TargetServers role in the msdb database did the trick!!!!!

is there also a way to give them access to view DTS Packages without giving them sysadmin?