Thread: sql help

Unanswered: sql help

i have just created a database and want to output the table to allow me to delete records . I have created the table using a join . I have created 3 tables one with actor with an id and name , the same for director and a cast table combining them together . I then created a join table to show the cast id with the name of director and actor .Now i want to create an update statment based on this to update the director/ actor id(cast table) columns when the user enters a known actor/director name.

SELECT Cast.Cast_Id, Director.Director_name, Actor.Actor_name FROM Cast INNER JOIN Actor ON Cast.Actor_Id = Actor.Actor_Id INNER JOIN Director ON Cast.Director_Id = Director.Director_Id

Can anyone help me create an update column

Provided Answers: 10
    What is the database created in?

Can you post the table structures rather than just a description of a query?
    table_name(key_field_1, key_field_2, other_field, another_field, ..., etc)
    George
    Home | Blog

ok so heres the tables
    Actor_Id pk
    Actor_name

Director_Id pk
    Director_name

Cast_Id pk cast table
    Director_Id fk
    Actor_Id fk

So i have managed to create a table in vb using the create custom statement using a select query to display the cast table only displaying the actual director and actors names instead of the id.

SELECT Cast.Cast_Id, Director.Director_name, Actor.Actor_name FROM Cast INNER JOIN Director ON Cast.Director_Id = Director.Director_Id INNER JOIN Actor ON Cast.Actor_Id = Actor.Actor_Id

Now i want to successfully be able to update the table displayed(above) when updated .This updates the cast table.

And what is the database - Access, mySQL, SQL Server, etc?
    George
    Home | Blog

sql server

Moved to SQL Server topic
    George
    Home | Blog