Unanswered: HADR - Issue on Standby

Hi,
    db2 v8.2 FP12. OS-Win2003.

I failed over the HADR to our standby server first time for the DR Test and I was able to connect to the DB and view all information from the db (via cc).
    However when I executed the user application which is on the webserver It could not connect to the DB. Give connection error message.

I failed over back to LIVE server then tried again the user application on the DR webserver. then I am getting right error messege as the db is in HADR mode. unable to connect.

The network looks ok and nothing changed since HADR in place.

I have binded the packages again on the DR server. there is no error message in diag.log

Have I missed anything during the failover ? how can I prove that the db is functional in DR?
    Please help me.

Thanks, gunas

1)Did you repoint your app to the standby server?
    2)If your db is HADR mode- to get things back on track - switch it to STANDARD mode. Reset your standby server, then reset/restart your PRIMARY ,

Thanks

I have already stopped and restarted the db (using db2stop, db2start).

Also we have seperate webserver for the DR which is always pointing to DR Server.

Provided Answers: 11
    there is something like primary and standby and client rerouting
    if using type 2 connection from as to db check if db directory is reflected with alternate server information
    define this at primary and standby
    if type 4 connection there is a special setting todo to get this information
    see high availability guide for details....
    all this should be transparant for the as
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be