Question Unanswered: Import the dmp files

Dear all.

i have a dmp file which i need to import into the oracle9i. Before doing the importing, do i need to configure the setting in the Oracle Enterprise Manager Console?

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1505/oem.th.png

Why not simply use imp or impdp depending on what the dmp file was made from. It is almost always faster to use the command line instead of GUI interfaces.
    Bill
    You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.

Quote Originally Posted by beilstwh
    Why not simply use imp or impdp depending on what the dmp file was made from. It is almost always faster to use the command line instead of GUI interfaces.
    ya, before imp the db we need to create a user then only can do the imp job right. My question is how can i create multiple database tree in the OEM console, because when i create the new db at the OEM console it show ORA-12545 : Connect failed because target host or object does not exist.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    If you get desperate, you might want to consider RTFM found at
    Oracle9i Database List of Books (Release 2 (9.2))

The URL above take you to both the OEM Manual & the Utilities Manual (IMPORT).

Enjoy & Good Luck!

Please realize that V9 Oracle is obsoleted & unsupported.
    Last edited by anacedent; 04-01-09 at 22:36.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by philipmact
    ya, before imp the db we need to create a user then only can do the imp job right. My question is how can i create multiple database tree in the OEM console, because when i create the new db at the OEM console it show ORA-12545 : Connect failed because target host or object does not exist.
    It sounds like you're trying to create the database with OEM... you need to create the instance first before you can connect to it with OEM. Adding it into the OEM tree doesn't actually create the database, only a link to it in OEM.

Use the Database Creation Assistant (DBCA) or scripts to create an instance first, you can then connect OEM to the database, create whatever users that you need and then perform your import.
    drew
    ------------------
    http://wjtechnologies.com