Unanswered: HELP please! Find and replace query

... self-taught MS Access user, not familiar with VB but know my way around the Query design template.

I would like to create a query to update parts of a field. I have a text field from which I would like to remove "of" and "in" and "the". In reality I have a whole list of prepositions I need to remove but this is just an example.

For example: My table contains a field called [caption] where I would like would like to change the contents of a record from "Guido in the house of Guiseppe the Knee in Sydney" to "Guido house Guiseppe Knee Sydney"

Find and replace works just fine, but I need to run it repeatedly for each of the words I want to remove. I would therefore like to create a query which I can save for future use which lists all the various words I want to remove.

Any help would really be appreciated!

You can nest
    Code:
    REPLACE(REPLACE(myColumn, " the ", " "), " in ", " ")
    You need to get a bit cuter though for:
    "The house of Guiseppe the Knee in Sydney"
    or
    "house of Guiseppe the Knee in"
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Thanks so much for your time!

I follow the logic, but am battling to know where to use the above expression. Bit like a kid with a hammer!

I assumed that I needed to replace myColumn with the fieldname I wanted to modify. So my expression read: REPLACE(REPLACE([Caption], " the ", " "), " in ", " ")

I tried pasting it into the Query design template in the "Update to" section for the field which I am trying to modify and got a message that I am trying to use an invalid operator.

I don't think I am using this expression in the right place.

If you go to the SQL view, we can then see what's going on. Should be sommat like:
    Code:
    UPDATE myTable
    SET myColumn = REPLACE(REPLACE(myColumn, " the ", " "), " in ", " ")
    WHERE myCOlumn LIKE "* the *" OR myColumn LIKE "* in *"
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Champion!

Thank you very much!