Unanswered: User-Level Security

Hello,

I am creating a MS Access database that will be accessed by multiple users. I want to restrict user access to specific functions on my forms. Some users can fill in certain fields and others can fill in other fields.

Option A: Somehow set user permissions to allow entry to only specific fields that I pre-determine.

Option B: Create two separate forms that are tied to the same table and restrict access to each one based on user-level security. I would rather not do this option however if its the only one possible then I will adopt it.

Thank you for your timely reply.

This example might help you:

http://www.dbforums.com/6332819-post68.html

It shows how you can create a "security" type table and then enable/disable, make visible/invisible certain fields/buttons on a form based on a user's security level.
    Expert Database Programming
    MSAccess since 1.0, SQL Server since 6.5, Visual Basic (5.0, 6.0)

Alright, I'm having troubles with this. I can't figure out how to get the menu form to open my other forms. Is there a way I can find out the exact file name of a form so that I can link it to other forms? I've labelled my form "CdnRequesting" but I can't figure out how to change its file name so that the menu will open it. Please help. Thanks.

Here is the piece of code in the menu form:

Private Sub cmdOpenForm_CdnRequesting_Click()
    If isAdmin(Me!LoginID) = True Then
    MsgBox ("Opening CDN Requesting Form")
    'docmd.openform "CdnRequesting"
    Else
    MsgBox ("You do not have permissions to open CDN Requesting Form! LoginID does not have security authorization."), vbCritical
    End If
    End Sub

I fixed the above errors.

Now I've got more troubles. I'm trying to limit a user's ability to modify the design of forms and tables in the database. I have created different user levels but I can't seem to figure out how to assign limits to them besides limiting opening up different forms. I have already set it so that they can't access the main database menu but when they open a form, they can still access the design section. How can I limit this ability?

Thank you!

It seems that everyone has their own tailored approach to handle user-security in Access, but I personally opt to use the start-up options to limit what the user can do, and then Disable/Enable the Shift-Bypass based on a user-table.
    Me.Geek = True

Wow, great site. I've already found a couple solutions. Thanks!