Unanswered: Multiple Price Columns

I am using Access 2003. I am trying to create a pricing utility for a cabinetry line. I have 158 products that all have 8 different price groups depending upon the door style the user selects. I am at a loss as how to structure the tables. Once the user selects the door style and looks up each individual product, the subform should only retrieve the price column for this particular door style. Should I have 8 different tables for the prices that are sublinked to each door style or is there an easier way? In the future it may become necessary to add more products and/or door styles and it would be quite a chore to edit 8 different tables. Any suggestions? Thanks, Kevin

Provided Answers: 14
    Simply add a column with a code indicating the group price. You can then use queries to retrieve the selection of data pertaining to a group price, in other words 1 table 8 queries.

Have a nice day!

Hi. Thanks for the reply. I have a few more questions though. I understand the need for 8 different queries using one table, however, when in my order form I would like to use a drop-down menu for the client to select the doorstyle first. Once the doorstyle has been selected, the subform will have a drop-down menu that contains the actual product name with pricing for the doorstyle selected. How do I specify which query is to be used when the client selects the appropriate doorstyle? Can this be done via a drop-down menu as I prefer? Also, if the client changes the doorstyle will the pricing within the subform also update to reflect the new prices? I apologize for all of these newbie questions.... Thanks for your help!!!

Kevin

Here's what I want the form to look like:

image3.jpg picture by kmwhitt - Photobucket

Have a look at Cascading Lists, see if it helps.

PS - You can just add the image directly to this site using the attachments interface btw.
    Me.Geek = True