Unanswered: Oracle Server Problem

Hello All,
    I am having IBM server of model X225. RAM is 2GB and hard disk is 160 GB and 2.80 GHz cpu. Now i am running oracle 10g server in that system.
    The server system is accessed by 3 clients to post and access the data from the system. After restarting the server system just 4 to 5 hours when i try to connect to server through SQL * PLUS it displays error message Could Not Connect since no dedicated Process. Why that error is coming

Also after restarting system after 24 hours if we just refresh the server system it shows the following error message i.e. NOT ENOUGH SPACE TO PROCESS. what could be the reason?

In oracle documentation it shows that 512 MB RAM is sufficient and 10 GB hard disk is sufficient but i am having more than required but still getting problems. I increased SGA and PGA values also still i am facing same problem. what could be the reason give me reply because it's very urgent.
    Thanking You In advance

1. How much of the 2GB of RAM have you dedicated to Oracle for SGA/PGA. Try tracking how much memory is used by Oracle using the OS tools on whatever OS your using.

2. Monitor how many sessions are being used by your app by querying v$session over time. Is you app actually releasing connections?

This would atleast help in understanding what the problem is.

Alan

Oracle Server Problem

Thank You Alan P,
    I am using windows server 2003 OS and i allocated 1280 MB for SGA and 100 MB for PGA of 2 GB RAM. As you said i check for session information currently number of sessions are 30 these include all oracle related sessions and our sessions. How to view the memory occupied for oracle. My server system is not displaying TASK MANAGER. Any other tool to view the occupied memory for the process.
    Reply soon.

Try asking you sys admin to add task manager. Or you can use the performance tool in administrative tools

Alan

oracle server problem

canyou suggest any performance tools for measuring oracle performance.