Thread: Inherited Query

Unanswered: Inherited Query

I have inherited a database that has a query in it the is driven by a form. I know there is code in the form that is supplying the criteria for the query, but i can't figure out how it is done. I have attached a jpg of the query. Any help will be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails query.jpg  

Provided Answers: 6
    There is nothing there that refers to a form. What is the code in the form? Perhaps it is building the query there.
    Paul

Here is the code that i think is running the query.

Dim dynCurrentConsumers As DAO.Recordset
    Dim dynPreviousConsumrs As DAO.Recordset

Dim boolRepeatConsumer As Boolean

Set qdfCurrentConsumersSearch = dbCurrent.QueryDefs![Current Consumers Query]
    Set qdfPreviousConsumersSearch = dbCurrent.QueryDefs![Previous Consumers Query]

'fill both queries with values from current consumer in open form
    With dynConsumers

'test
    Dim test As String
    test = "SELECT Calls.CallID, Consumers.ConsumerID, Consumers.FirstName, Consumers.LastName, Consumers.AddressLine1, Consumers.City, Consumers.PostalCode " & _
    "FROM Consumers INNER JOIN Calls ON Consumers.ConsumerID = Calls.ConsumerID " & _
    "WHERE (((Consumers.FirstName)='" & ![FirstName] & "') AND ((Consumers.LastName)='" & ![LastName] & "')) OR (((Consumers.AddressLine1)='" & ![AddressLine1] & "') AND ((Consumers.City)='" & ![City] & "') AND ((Consumers.PostalCode)='" & ![PostalCode] & "')) OR (((Consumers.LastName)='" & ![LastName] & "') AND ((Consumers.AddressLine1)='" & ![AddressLine1] & "')) OR (((Consumers.AddressLine1)='" & ![AddressLine1] & "') AND ((Consumers.PostalCode)='" & ![PostalCode] & "')) OR (((Consumers.LastName)='" & ![LastName] & "') AND ((Consumers.City)='" & ![City] & "')) OR (((Consumers.LastName)='" & ![LastName] & "') AND ((Consumers.PostalCode)='" & ![PostalCode] & "')) OR (((Consumers.FirstName)='" & ![FirstName] & "') AND ((Consumers.AddressLine1)='" & ![AddressLine1] & "'));"

That looks like it, yes (I'm sure there's more to it). This type of thing:

..." & ![FirstName] & "...

is concatenating the currently displayed name on the form into the SQL of the query, which is why it just says "Amanda" when you look at it in design view.
    Paul

Okay, that makes sense now.

Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.

This forum has helped me in many ways and I would like to give a big thank you to everyone who takes their valuable time to help.

No problem; happy to help out.
    Paul