Unanswered: Oracle's GB Parameter Location

Simple Question:
    Does Oracle and it's surrounding Application run on the Kernal of the Operating System or on the User-Mode Virtual Address Space?

We are looking to switch to the /3Gb Parameter to enable 4-gigabyte random access memory tuning that will enlarge the user-mode citrual address pace to 3 gbs and restrict the kernal-mode components to the remaining 1GB. In doing this we are hoping to direct more memory to Oracle. Yet, your answers will determine what we do.

Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
    Provided Answers: 1
    >Does Oracle and it's surrounding Application run on the Kernal of the Operating System or on the User-Mode Virtual Address Space?
    Oracle runs a typical (unprivileged) user in User-Mode Virtual Address Space.
    You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
    The average person thinks he's above average!
    For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
    Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by anacedent
    >Does Oracle and it's surrounding Application run on the Kernal of the Operating System or on the User-Mode Virtual Address Space?
    Oracle runs a typical (unprivileged) user in User-Mode Virtual Address Space.
    Great Thank you. So whats running exactly on the Kernal-Mode? Just the Operating System? I just want to make sure I am not going to be starving the additional programs and software, yet i assume they are running off the User-Mode Virtual Address Space as well.

Can someone confirm this?