Unanswered: Trying to deploy a cube using Microsoft Visual Studio on SQL Server 2005 test server

We are trying to venture into creating cubes for some statistical analysis. I am currently using Microsoft Visual Studio and SQL Server 2005. MVS is on my local PC, and the database with SQL Server is on another machine and is a test server.

I have created the data sources, created a data source view with the tables, and built the cube. However, when I try to deploy the cube, I get the following error:

The project could not be deployed to the 'CFDB1\CFDB1' server because of the following connectivity problems : A connection cannot be made to redirector. Ensure that 'SQL Browser' service is running. To verify or update the name of the target server, right-click on the project in Solution Explorer, select Project Properties, click on the Deployment tab, and then enter the name of the server.

I have tried changing the target server with different database server names and even using the IP address. When I run "select @@servername" and "SELECT SERVERPROPERTY('MachineName')" the result comes back as "CFDB1." I have the database target name different from anything on the server so that it doesn't overwrite any databases currently on the test server. I also believe that the SQL Browser service is running. What else would I need to check or give information on so that I can get this cube deployed? Thanks in advance.

1. First using SQL Server Management Studio - see if you can actively connect to "Analysis Server" to CFDB1 (i am assuming analysis server is running and installed on the server)

2. If you can't I would contact someone who can to check the security.
    Under security see if "Everyone" is added to the role.

3. So now if you can see the analysis server in the manager, right click on database and add a datasource to your "data server" test it.

Okay back to visual studio
    When you right click on your project - properties - configuration what is your target server it should just be the name of the analysis server (i am suprised you have an named instance analysis server - cfdb1\cfdb1)

check your datasource again, ensure that the username and password can login from the analysis server to your database server.

I am not able to actively connect to Analysis Services on CFDB1, but I am able to connect to the Database Engine. I am able to remotely connect to the server, so what do I need to do to be sure analysis server is up and running on the database server?

Is analysis server installed sounds like it isn't.
    two ways to check control panel --> services -->sql analysis service (running)
    or launch sql services configuration manager --> sql 2005 services -- SQL analysis services - running (green icon)

If you don't see it in either places, it most likely was never installed get out your sql 2005 dvd or cds and install analysis services and install the latest service pack.

Quote Originally Posted by burkular
    Is analysis server installed sounds like it isn't.
    two ways to check control panel --> services -->sql analysis service (running)
    or launch sql services configuration manager --> sql 2005 services -- SQL analysis services - running (green icon)

If you don't see it in either places, it most likely was never installed get out your sql 2005 dvd or cds and install analysis services and install the latest service pack.
    It looks like Analysis Server isn't installed on the server. I currently have the SQL Server 2005 Developer Edition disc, but I can't find Analysis Server on there. Is it on that disc, or do I need to find a different disc?

Sorry, my email was not alerting me to updates to any of the threads. I thought it was on the developer cd.....

Analysis Services
    hope you were able to install it ..