Unanswered: SQL Server Express 2008 Problem

My databases will no longer show up when I try to connect to them in Visual studio. Yesterday I installed the AdventureWorks databases. So they weren't installing because I didn't have SQL Full-text Filter Daemon Launcher. So I went and installed those extra features. All the databases that I created connected just fine before this change. I can still see the databases that were created in SQL server management studio. When I go into IIS 7 the Connection String is still correct. If I connect to my website it still loads information to my database( logins, Upload database, etc). But if I go to the Asp.Net Admin, all my security setting are still correct. If someone could please help me? I would truly appreciate. Everything worked just fine until I installed the extra features for SQL Express 2008.

I don't want to have anything else mess up; so I won't try anything, until someone can help me. Because I was going to try and run the aspnet_regsql app again. But I think that would make me setup all my security permissions again?

1. Here are the various errors I receive: Server explorer(Failed to generate a user instance of SQL Server due to a failure in starting the process for the user instance. The connection will be closed)

2. Asp.net Provider(Could not establish a connection to the database.)

Thanks in advance

Provided Answers: 14
    What's the configuration for the different SQL Server services and which account do they use?

Have a nice day!

Still having trouble with databases

Everything was configured and working correctly on my Vista Ultimate standard account. Until I updated the components on the SQL Server; in order to install Adventureworks database. I tested a couple of my websites with the databases that they belong too. And it still works properly. But when I go to Visual Studio 2008 now; and go under "Server Explorer"; I cannot connect to any of the databases. Some how to me it seems like my Vista account changed; the reason I say this is because at first on my Standard account I had Administrative privileges. Like if I open my McAfee security center; it says you must have Admin rights to make changes. And at first it didn't do that. Could something have changed my setting for Admin privileges under Vista standard acct?

I can't be the first?

I know I can't be the first person to run into this situation?

The fact that everything was working correctly before is not the point: something happend and it's not working any more. That's why I suggested to check the account(s) used to run SQL services and their rights, specially on a Vista machine where the security is reinforced.

The installation of SQL Server creates several accounts, check them too and have a look at: Setting Up Windows Service Accounts

Have a nice day!

Well...

The point is I guess if I wouldn't have tried to be experimental with the Adventureworks databases; I wouldn't have this problem. I guess as usual I will figure it out sooner or later. Like I said, before; what do you mean by:

What's the configuration for the different SQL Server services?

which account do they use?

Sorry I just don't know what to look for when your asking that?

Appreciate all your help!

Problem solved

I figured it out. Somehow my John Doe Administrator got changed to Standard account. I am the only one who use this computer; so I don't know how that would happen? But I figured it out! I guess it's a part of the learning process.

On the desktop right-click on the "My Computer" icon and select "Manage" in the menu. In the windows that opens expand the "Services and Applications" node in the treeview on the left, then select "Services". You can see now a list of all services that run on the computer (you can also get it from the Control Panel). Check the status of every service that begins with "SQL" or has "SQL" in its name, check if it's running, if not should it be running? ("Automatic" in the 4th or 5th column of the list) and what's the account used to run that service (last column of the list). Now check to see if those account has enough privileges; this is specially important in Windows Vista, where the security has be enhanced.

Have a nice day!