Question Unanswered: Error - Installing Db2

Hi All,

I am very new to DB2, I am trying to install DB2 v9.1, but its throwing error as "Invalid Command line argument. Consult the windows Installer SDK for detailed command line help"".

I have tried to reinstall SDK 4.5 version, but still the issue persists, any help is appreciated.

Many thanks,
    Viveka

Provided Answers: 11
    have you installed it with the interface or from command line
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

chk if you have downloaded the right version for right platform.
    Any specific sql error code ?
    are you having admin rights on your windows m/c
    Rahul Singh
    Certified DB2 9 DBA / Application Developer

Arrow

thanks for the reply...

I have checked the version, with platform its correct. There is no SQL error code and I have admin rights in my m/c. I am installing with an exe not from command line.

This exe works in other syste, only in my system this error comes.

do you mean you launched setup and from the web-interface you selected new product install ?? be as specific as possible
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..

there will a log file generated while installation ... look if you get something there
    Rahul Singh
    Certified DB2 9 DBA / Application Developer

I have click on setup.exe and the window "DB2 Setup Launchpad" came up and selected "Install a Product" in which below the section 'DB2 Enterprise Server Edition' I selected "Install New", after which the Install shield wizard is complete and it opens up Windows installer window where it throws the above mentioned error.

I couldn't find any log file created, if you have any idea about the default location of log file, pls let me know. I will see that.

it is below documents and settings all users application data...
    I had a similar problem and used the sample response file shipped and this installed db2
    look for *.rsp file and activate needed setting
    start setup with response file as option (syntax is in infocenter)