Unanswered: Troubleshoot Linked Excel File

Help!! I have a linked Excel file that I used to build a query. My question is the date is not showing in the query as date field even though in Excel it is formatted as a date. What I can do to convert the field so that it is a date when use in my query?

Have a look at the CDate function. If you need more help, please post your SQL.
    Me.Geek = True

My field that should be a date is ICActual. Here is the SQL that Access created for my query: SELECT CumculativeOMR.SONumber, CumculativeOMR.Segment, CumculativeOMR.ITLName, CumculativeOMR.ICActual, Sum(CumculativeOMR.EQRevenue) AS SumOfEQRevenue, Sum(CumculativeOMR.VASRevenue) AS SumOfVASRevenue, Sum(CumculativeOMR.TrainRevenue) AS SumOfTrainRevenue, Sum(CumculativeOMR.OtherRevenue) AS SumOfOtherRevenue
    FROM CumculativeOMR
    GROUP BY CumculativeOMR.SONumber, CumculativeOMR.Segment, CumculativeOMR.ITLName, CumculativeOMR.ICActual
    HAVING (((CumculativeOMR.Segment) Is Not Null) AND ((CumculativeOMR.ITLName) Is Not Null));

So why doesn't the CDate function I mentioned earlier work? What else have you tried?
    Me.Geek = True

Solved: Thank you very much. CDate function worked.