Tool to display your MySQL data on the web

Not sure if anyone might find this interesting but I've just finished a little PHP program that will hopefully display the data from any MySQL database directly to the web. You can search for data, customise what's shown and add special reports if you want to.

I've set up a little demo program for a food nutrition database and created a help/download page here. It takes about 5 minutes to go from downloading the program to viewing your data on the web.

I'm looking for a few guinea pigs to try it out on their own databases or just some constructive feedback on using the demo. Cheers.

Mike

Hey Mike, that's pretty cool. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Frunkie

The next version will be sweater looking and I'll make a quick download page for people who'd like to try it on their own databases. It only takes about 2 minutes to get running and displaying data but it probably takes another 30 minutes to tweak things and make it look pretty. If people are interested then I'll add a little "wizard" to speed up the tweaking. I've had a few enquiries about working with other databases but figured it would be better getting it working well with MySQL first.

Sorry for replying a little late but I'm out in Greece and had to set up the wifi for the hotel before I could use it!

Mike

There have been a number of improvements made to the program over the past weeks including reports, range displays and a help / download page. An isolated user said he had a number of popups appear which surprised me - has anyone else had anything else appear on their screens other than the nutritional data held in the demo database?

Mike