Unanswered: Unload int8 fails

when unloading a table with an int8 field, I get bogus data for that field. Some examples are:

0e^43
    0e^╚17

and so on. It seems that it exports this field as binary even though the output file is ascii delimited. Does anyone know how to fix this in the unload statement?

Fyi, this is on informix 9.4, but we've tried on 11.1 and it seems to have the same issue.

1. Size of database?
    2. OS for 9.40?
    3. OS for 11.1?
    4. The same bit capacity?

Not sure on the full database size - the specific table in question has a row size of 93 (16 columns) and a row count of 134077 (from isql).

Both databases are running on AIX 5.3.0.0 (bos.rte level 5.3.8.0). Two different servers, but each with the same hardware (ibm p650's).

On the last question, I'm not sure what you mean by 'same bit capacity'. Can you clarify or give me a command I can run to query the system for that information?

Quote Originally Posted by justinkillen
    Can you clarify or give me a command I can run to query the system for that information?
    "onstat -" for both servers.

When execute a simple SELECT on this row , what is the output?
    How do you load the database on 11.1 ?
    or you migrate from 9.4 without export/import?
    Already try export with HPL express?
    Already execute "oncheck -cd" ?
    http://www.imartins.com.br/informix - English (translated by Google).

IBM Informix Dynamic Server Version 9.40.UC4 -- On-Line -- Up 5 days 09:30:08 -- 754704 Kbytes

IBM Informix Dynamic Server Version 11.10.UC1 -- On-Line -- Up 5 days 00:27:17 -- 152784 Kbytes

>When execute a simple SELECT on this row , what is the output?
    A simple select in isql gives the expected values.

>How do you load the database on 11.1 ?
    loading into 11.1 is done via 'load from <file> insert into <table>', where <file> is the file unloaded to, and <table> is the table name

>or you migrate from 9.4 without export/import?
    we do unloads for all the tables as part of our daily backups, and are trying to use these files to load into 11.1 (the 11.1 server is a test server, attempting to load in data from our 9.4 production server)

>Already try export with HPL express?
    I've tried with HPL and the results are mixed - if I export to a fixed-width format, it works okay, but if I export to a delimited file I get the same results as with an unload statement. Also, HPL is a bit cumbersome, as we have around 900 tables to deal with, and creating a job for each table is a pain.

>Already execute "oncheck -cd" ?
    An oncheck -cd for the table in question runs with no errors on either server/database.