Thread: Role Assigning
04-15-09, 11:21 #1Registered User
- Join Date
- Mar 2009
Unanswered: Role Assigning
Sorry I am not able to get the desired result creating ROLE and then using DBMs_SESSION.SET_ROLE method in NEW_FOR_INSTANCE in oracle. What I am doing is
1 Logon on to database with user ABC.
2. I created user XYZ and allow to connect to the database for which I want to restrict to use only fmx file and to use SQL worksheet to insert or update the database.
3. I created ROLE ROLE_WRITE where i allowed user to insert and update.
After designing form I faced problem
1. When I log on with XYZ. and compiled my form he does not recognize tables of ABC as I was log on with user XYZ I allowed XYZ to select from the table whether this method is correct or not.\
2. In when_new_form_instance i wrote DBMs_SESSION.SET_ROLE('ROLE_WRITE') and I am getting error ora-01924 and its not working.
Pls help me.
04-15-09, 12:23 #2Registered User
Provided Answers: 1You can lead some folks to knowledge, but you can not make them think.
- Join Date
- Aug 2003
- Where the Surf Meets the Turf @Del Mar, CA
The average person thinks he's above average!
For most folks, they don't know, what they don't know.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.