Need for specific editor functions (Clipper)

Hey
    I am new on this forum.
    Problem:
    Restarting a old Clipper project for Amnesty International I am urgently in need of the following editorfunctions named ; scatter, store, gather, that it existed in dbrief editor ( Global Techn Corp)
    The function gather for exemple produces code as ;
    replace sample-> name with mname
    and that for all the fields in the table sample.
    I lost the Brief and dbrief editor and now I hope someone can name me a editor who as this functions incorporated
    thanks !
    Bob

Wow... I think that I still have my copies of Brief and dBrief archived somewhere, but they didn't function very well in XP and I'm sure that they are no better in Vista.

Have you considered the idea of moving your program to either MS-Access or a web based product that provides the same functionality in a different way?

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Dbrief

First Thanks for your answer !

Our situation at AIVL Belgium
    We will move our actual CHOQO database ( dbf's) to a BIKO db (mysql ) and this will be done under a contract with a vendor
    But to reduce costs we will first completely reorganise our actual CHOQO database and then let them , the vendor, transfer it to MYSQL. and let him write appropriate Delphi software for our application.
    The reason for doing this reorganisation of the db in clipper code is that is much easier for me to do then in VB.net
    To write this clipper code I would like to use the specific Dbrief functions I mentioned.

I want to run Dbrief Brief under Windows 2000

Questions :
    1 Do you think Brief Dbrief exec will run under W 2000
    2 Could you consider to send me Brief Dbrief exec's ? I still have the manuals !
    Bob

Yes, both Brief and dBrief run fairly well under Windows 2000. You need to set a few things in your autoexec.nt file for them to "play nice", but that is trivial.

No, I can't donate them because I need to keep my copies of both Brief and dBrief because I'm still under contract to support code that requires them.

I know that EMS Software still advertises used copies of both Brief and dBrief. I'd be willing to bet under your circumstances that you could get Solutions Systems to provide you with new copies to replace the ones that you've lost.

An old employer of mine should stll have several copies of both Brief and dBrief, and even if they don't actually have the disks or documentation I'd bet that they still have the licenses. I'll contact them to see if they are willing to donate copies, but at this time of year it will be weeks before they are likely to respond to such a request.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.