Unanswered: printing with DOS application

Hi all,
    I use DOS application (ca-clipper 5.2) under XP. For printing, I use dosprn all run ok. I can print on all printers but i must close my application before the print begin. Is there any issue ?. Many thank for your help.
    P.S: I set the parameter WOW to 3 but the the result is the same: i must close the application or i must wait up than 30 sec.

Why use DOSPRN? CA-Clipper 5.2 will normally use LPT1:. That should map to your default printer directly.

In W98, there used to be options for printing in RAW mode and not to wait for the first page to be spooled. IThese are what you want. I don't know whether there are similar printer setup options in XP.

End

printing under dos

Thanks Ananthap for your reply but I confirm you that i don't use LPT port but USB.

I had similar problem with long pause after print and /or waiting until I exited from the application. Then I changed the open/close printer code to..

set device to print
    set consol off
    set printer on
    set print to lpt1

.... print stuff etc

set printer off
    set console on
    set device to screen
    set printer to

Seems to solve the print delay issue.

Printing to a USB printer I set the USB printer to share, then run a batch file using the net use command

net use
    net use lpt1 \\m400\hp2100

In this case my computer is "m400", and the shared printer name is "hp2100". The hp is a PCL5 compatable printer, which dbase, or clipper, deals with fine. If you have a non PCL printer, there is another solution

Hello,

I am totally new in ms access. I want to design a simple database to which will prompt me for the following. For example i have a manufacturing date of a product and Expiring date for the same product. Any time i open my database switchboard the database should prompt me the number of day months left for the product to expire. It should be a pop up.

Need help printing from PFS: File

I have a client who uses PFS: File. I just installed it on a new pc running windows xp/sp3 and printing to an HP Laserjet 1200. It printed fine on now retired old xp machine but when I try to print now I get a message saying that the printer is not ready. It is ready and I can print from other applications. I tried a couple of the printer listed in PFS' printers database including HP Cour, HP Thinkjet and HP PRS Elite. Any ideas? Thanks.

it seems good to me and I hope you will keep up the good work in future as well

I am printing reports and checks using profile 2.0. I currently use a HP laserjet 4000
    through a parallel port. The operating system is Windows XP.

I would like to print on a Brothers 4070 using a USB port or an Epson 860 Stylus using a USB port..

Any suggestions?

thanks
    Last edited by moonpie1; 06-17-10 at 22:33. Reason: added operating system

Our Developer had a similar issue a while back, he restarted the whole system and then it worked...