Unanswered: Open Outlook with text from Access 2003

I need to (automatically) export text from an Access 2003 report into an Outlook message (like populating the Outlook email with the text from the relevant Access report).
    How could this possibly be done (considering that I am not an Access expert and know even less of VB)
    Thanks for any help

Well I'm not sure what you mean by "export text from an Access 2003 report into an Outlook message", but have you looked into the SendObject Method yet? Else if you're talking about automatically populating the body portion of the email with text, you're going to have to be more specific than "text from an Access 2003 report". Is this text in a control? What kind of control? Do you just want data from a particular record? etc.
    Me.Geek = True

Quote Originally Posted by nckdryr
    Well I'm not sure what you mean by "export text from an Access 2003 report into an Outlook message", but have you looked into the SendObject Method yet? Else if you're talking about automatically populating the body portion of the email with text, you're going to have to be more specific than "text from an Access 2003 report". Is this text in a control? What kind of control? Do you just want data from a particular record? etc.
    Nick,
    Thank you for your response.
    Here is some more info:
    - The address line in Outlook will have to be populated by one or more email addresses from a field in a table.
    - The subject line has to come from another field in a table
    - The body portion of the email message has to be populated by yet another field or fields in a table.
    If the above is possible at all I would greatly appreciate that you either give me some (simple) instructions or direct me to sites where I can learn how to do it. Regrettably my knowledge of VB is as yet non existing although I have good intentions to learn at least the basics.
    Thank you
    Bernard

Have you looked at the SendObject Method I pointed to earlier? It might be able to do what you want. Otherwise it sounds to me like you'd need to create a recordset and loop through to get all the information before using SendObject or something else.

What you're asking to do isn't in-built functionality, so you're going to need some kind of code to do it. If you need help writing this code, we'll try our best to do so. But it's unreasonable to ask anyone here to do it for you. Give it a shot and let us know how you get along.
    Me.Geek = True