Unanswered: Cannot Connect to SQL Server Express 2008 on Vista

I am running Vista SP1 and just downloaded SQL Server 2008 Express Edition and installed it. However when I run it and try to connect, I keep getting the following error (text and image to make things easier):

Code:
    Cannot connect to JMRPC\SQLEXPRESS.

------------------------------
    ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. 
    The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that 
    SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 
    - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified) (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: -1)

For help, click: Source: ID: ( ) - Events And Errors Message Center: Message Details
    http://blog.destinyislands.com/img/2...Rqzx1!240@.jpg

I tried searching Google but I am not very savvy with Microsoft's Web stuff, so I'm finding it difficult to solve this issue. If anybody has any idea what could be causing this please feel free to post some suggestions. Thanks

Kindly allow Remote access thru an SQL Network Interfaces... Also cross verify your firewall....

Cheers...
    Nitin

I have checked and my Windows Firewall is turned off, but how do I go through and allow remote access?