Thread: delete

Unanswered: delete

Hi All,

i have a table datatable with 2 columns ...now my requirement is that no one should be able to delete data from that table including the owner of that table ..
    i tried creating a trigger on datatable

create trigger restrict_delete no cascade before delete on datatable for each row mode db2sql

please help me asap !!

Provided Answers: 1
    Check out the REVOKE statement.

ASAP.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

how can i revoke a rite from the owner of the object

for example- if i created a table datatable being a user db2inst1 i cant revoke my privileges ..

db2inst1 sounds like the default instance owner. Even if you revoke his privileges, he can still get to everything. So why would you do it. Besides, you cannot revoke privileges from yourself. And why would you want to ..!?

that's what i know db2inst1 is the default user and i cant revoke his privilege but the requirement is that no one should be able to insert into the table and once a record is inserted it should be deleted .
    how do i achieve it ?

db2inst1 is the instance owner - he can do anything whether you grant explicit privileges to him or not, and there is no way around it

well i have been able to achieve it this is possible you can create a trigger on that table so that even the db2inst1 cant delete anything ...but if db2inst1 deletes the trigger then he can delete it directly
    here is the trigger
    CREATE TRIGGER DEL_TRIGGER
    BEFORE DELETE ON LOGTABLE
    FOR EACH ROW
    SIGNAL SQLSTATE '42832'