Unanswered: Log Shipping Copy Job Failing ERROR 22029

HI,

Working on: SQL Server 2005

Following on from a previous post, the copy jobs as part of our Log Shipping procedure is failing with the message:

sqlmaint.exe failed. [SQLSTATE 42000] Error 22029). (The step failed).

The code being run by the job is:
    Code:
    EXECUTE master.dbo.xp_sqlmaint '-LSCopyPlanID "ED5BE3AC-876C-423D-85C6-D56841EB50BA"'
    We have one primary and one secondary server. On the odd occasion, the copy job runs successfully. The restore jobs appear to run successfully regardless.

What is the best way of getting to a reason for this issue?

Much appreciated.

If I look in the Primary Database Maintenance Plan History it shows no failures though it only appears to be showing a backup transaction log and delete old transaction logs activity, nothing mentioning copies or restores. Am I missing something?

THink I've solved it

OK, after trawling many threads I came accross something mentioning a copy delay (the delay between the Primary backing up its transaction logs and the secondary copy them). Initially all jobs were being triggered to run at the same time (There was no copy delay) I changed the sequence so their were 30 second gaps between the three jobs. This seemed to have instant results and the copy job was no longer failing.

Cut to this morning and a quick check on things and about 5 percent of the job runs have failed. A quick comparrison of the backup and copy job histories show that the copy failed whenever the backup duration was over 30 seconds. Hopefully this proces the point and all I need to figure out is the maximum backup time so I can work out the optimum copy delay.

Chris