Thread: Using Ilogin

Unanswered: Using Ilogin

Hi,
    I am new to Informix, and my understanding is ILogin is used to login into Informix and create database tables etc like you login into oralce and create tables etc if i am wrong please correct me
    When I use ILogin and press run it will ask for a host of information like
    server name, user name, password , protocol name etc
    After i put in all the information and press Ok I get the error
    Sql Code = -951
    I look up the error and it says:

[I]User username is not known on the database server.

The database server that you tried to access does not accept either your user ID, the login name that is specified for the desired server host in your ~/.netrc file, or the user name that is specified in the USER clause of a CONNECT statement. If you are explicitly specifying your user name in the ~/.netrc file or in a CONNECT statement, check that the name is correct. If you do not have a valid user ID on the server computer, see your system administrator. This message appears with Version 6.0 and later.
    [/I]

DO HELP ME WITH THIS ERROR

Do you log-in with the informix user name?
    Does the user exist on you server? It has to be regular operating system user(not just database user, like in oracle) and should be a member of Informix-Admin group.

As i remember, ilogin utility is just demonstration program for testing a connection to the database server.
    For createing tables etc. use dbaccess(part of the informix installation) utility or some another sql client.

Yes I Login with the Informix USer Name.
    Yes it is a regular Operating system User as INformix when installed on your personal ps creates a user by the name INformix which has admin rights
    I have installed informix v 11.5 on my personal pc am not connected to any server over the network etc
    and IF "ILogin Demo" is just a demostrated program for testing a coonection tht means it is not getting connected with the database when it shows the above error and "ILogin Demo" came in coupled with the informix v11.5
    i have tested the connection by going to control panel-->administrativr tool-->DataSource---> etc and it passes the test
    I Hope you can help me with this regard

Can you connect to your database through dbaccess?

see my older thread, maybe something helps you:
    http://www.dbforums.com/informix/120...-database.html