Unanswered: Restoring Master Database from another physical server

So I received a master database from another physical server that I have to restore.
    Restored it by going into single user etc....
    Now I'm getting errors concerning the tempdb

Error: 913, Severity: 16, State: 8.
    2009-04-24 15:10:22.45 spid9s Could not find database ID 2. Database may not be activated yet or may be in transition. Reissue the query once the database is available. If you do not think this error is due to a database that is transitioning its state and this error continues to occur, contact your primary support provider. Please have available for review the Microsoft SQL Server error log and any additional information relevant to the circumstances when the error occurred.
    2009-04-24 15:10:22.46 spid9s Could not create tempdb. You may not have enough disk space available. Free additional disk space by deleting other files on the tempdb drive and then restart SQL Server. Check for additional errors in the event log that may indicate why the tempdb files could not be initialized.
    2009-04-24 15:10:22.46 spid9s SQL Trace was stopped due to server shutdown. Trace ID = '1'. This is an informational message only; no user action is required.

Had several others previously but just detached and attached the model ...
    I do not see msdb in sys.databases nor do I see tempdb in sys.databases... could this be the issue...

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Another note is that when I go to attach the temp db says already exists choose a different database name.

When trying to detach the tempdb says it does not exist

Why would you do this ?

You should migrate user databases, logins, jobs, etc. which will update the master database with the needed catalogue entries, what specifically were you looking to do ?

restore a master database from the client....