Lightbulb Unanswered: Opening DacEasy Version 15 Files with Pervasive SQL

The general problem I want to solve is to build a MASTER ITEM TABLE from an existing ITEM TABLE in DacEasy Version 15. The ITEM TABLE contains several thousand items, but DacEasy only allows the MASTER ITEM TABLE to be built one item at a time. It would therefore be advantageous if a quick conversion query can be run using say MS access to do this job.

Specifically I need to move data between Pervasive SQL and MS Access mdb in a DacEasy file system.

How can this be done simply using MS access queries.

Provided Answers: 4
    Short answer is that you can link the PSQL database within Access.
    Longer answer is that you need to create an ODBC DSN pointing to the DacEasy data files. Then once you've got the ODBC DSN, you can "Get External Data" from within Access and point it to the DSN. This will let you pick tables to be linked.
    I would not recommending importing the data because it will be difficult to reimport it back to to PSQL.
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

I have an Access database with the ITEM file from the legacy application. I also have that table structured in the same fashion as in the DacEasy ITEM table.

I want to structure a query that creates the MASTER ITEM table with the structure of the Dac Easy MASTER ITEM table from the existing ITEM table.

I feel that if I am successful than I can use a DOS copy to replace the file successfully in the DacEasy files.

Longer answer is that you need to create an ODBC DSN pointing to the DacEasy data files. Then once you've got the ODBC DSN, you can "Get External Data" from within Access and point it to the DSN.

I am getting the ODBC DSN pointing to the DacEasy data files created but the files are not showing up on the PCC grid. And I cannot tell why.