Unanswered: Usind Pervasive Pcc with Daceasy Files

How do I use the Pervasive utility PCC to access DacEasy files?

Provided Answers: 4
    Short answer is that you create a "database" in the PCC pointing to the DacEasy DDFs and data files.
    Longer answer is that you use PCC to create a "database" (which adds both a Pervasive database name and optionally an ODBC DSN). Once the database is created, you should be able to see all of the tables that are defined in the database.

Some applications do not include DDFs or include DDFs that don't accurately describe the data files.
    If you create the database and still have problems, please post the exact behavior and the exact error message (if any).
    Mirtheil Software
    Certified Pervasive Developer
    Certified Pervasive Technician
    Custom Btrieve/VB development
    http://www.mirtheil.com
    I do not answer questions by email. Please post on the forum.

I created the database using PCC as recommended and called it TEST and linked it to the DacEasy data directory as directed.

The DacEasy database was known to be working properly. It could operate as normal. However, the tables in TEST could not be opened using PCC. Only the tables under the folder named SYSTEM OBJECTS could be opened.

No error messages were generated and nothing was generated in the log file.

Did you see any tables other than those in SYSTEM OBJECTS in the TEST database?
    If you saw tables listed, what exactly happened when you double clicked the table names?
    Mirtheil Software

The ODBC connection to the database TEST did not work as expected at all.

On clicking to expand the tables all that happened was that the small + next to the folder disappeared. [Please see the screenshot of the effort attached to show what I mean]

The fundamental problem seems to be that a valid ODBC connection to the dac easy database is not created, and that is the fundamental problem – even though the test button says that the connection test is successful.

I shall send the directory information screen shot immediately after this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WhatHappens.bmp   DirectoryConnection.bmp  

The problem is that your DDFs don't have any tables defined.
    It's possible that DacEasy either doesn't provide DDFs or puts them in another location.
    I've never worked with DacEasy so I'm not sure which they do.

You'll need to find the correct DDFs and either point the database to them or copy them to directory specified in your database.
    Mirtheil Software

Thanks for your efforts thus far. The real question before us now is where does DacEasy keep its DTFS or what is DacEasy using for DTFS.

I have appreciated your efforts thus far, are you giving up on me now.

I don't have a DacEasy install so I don't know where the DDFs are located. You should search your hard drive for FILE.DDF, FIELD.DDF, and INDEX.DDF (there will be others too but those are the main ones). They should be in the same directory.
    Mirtheil Software

DDF's

You must "buy" the DDF's from Sage to get anywhere. Have not read this forum in a while....so you likely know this by now.