Unanswered: formula for beginning balance of query report

Hi, I have a monthly query report with this field:barcode,name,beginningbalance, purchase,sale,endingbalance. I just start the application this month(april).
    Can endingbalance this month (april) be a beginningbalance of next month ( may)
    thanks

Provided Answers: 2
    Yes it can.

However, unless you post the table structures that are used in the query, I don't think you'll get a more constructive answer on how to achieve it.

weejas, thanks for your time.for example I have 3 tables MASTER(field:barcode,name,stock), PURCHASE(field:barcode,qtyIn,annotation),SALES(fie ld:barcode,qtyOut,annotation).
    QrydailyPuchase,QrydailySales,QrymonthlyPurchase,Q ryMonthlySales,QrySTOCK.
    the question is: I use the "Stock"(master) as beginningbalance.
    Because the "stock" is the first time value that input on table.
    on QrySTOCK=EndBlc: ([BgnBlc]+[Prch]-([Sales]))

Provided Answers: 2
    Hmm. There might be a problem with your database design.

I assume that there are also date fields in the PURCHASE and SALES tables? If not, how do you make sure that the date-dependant queries pick up the right values?

Also, is table MASTER updated every time you add a record to PURCHASE and SALES? If not, how do you reconcile your stock figures?

Better yet, can you zip your database and attach it here? These things are sometimes easier when you can see what you're working with.

Sorry but the file is too large to send here...I guess my design on QueryStock is based on Monthly Queries its can be "End" become "begining" by itself..???..
    Anyway thanks for your reply weejas.
    Last edited by herukun; 04-28-09 at 22:04.