Unanswered: DB2 and Microsoft SQL(urgent!!!)

hi,i'm developing a website which i'm using asp.net and db2 for that,for creating my provider to build login and register of my website i used sqlmembership provider,but my data will go to micrsoft sql tables and i need to pool data from there into db2,so how can i connect to ms sql from db2?
    tanx in advance

Provided Answers: 11
    if you install federation server with relational wrappers you can define nicknames for sql tables in db2 - see infocenter for detail
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Provided Answers: 54
    If you only need to "push" data from Microsoft SQL Server into DB2, you can use their replication tools easily. If the data flow needs to be two way, you MAY be able to do that too, but it is both more complicated and more restrictive.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

hi,tanx for your reply
    actually i just need to take data from ms sql to db2 not in both ways ,so could u please explain how should i do with replication to take data?
    ok let me explain how is the look of table:

MS sql table:
    aspnet_users(
    UserID uniqueidentifier
    .)

DB2 table:
    create table USER_PROFILE(
    UserName varchar(50) Not NUll,
    Full_Name varchar(100),
    Mobile_Number varchar(20),
    password varchar(10),
    nationality varchar(15),
    Faculty varchar(50),
    Academic_Status varchar(20),
    Master_ProgName varchar(50),
    PRIMARY KEY (UserName));

I want UserId be foreign key in my user_profile table,what should i do?tanx

as indicated before - federation server is what you need
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..

sorry actually i'm novice in db2,could u guide me regarding federation server?
    thanks

ok i already found federated databse and wrappers,after that what should i do?

goto
    IBM DB2 9.5 Information Center for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    and search for federated setup microsoft : this will show all todo