Unanswered: SELECT permission was denied Errors on MSSQL

I am trying to set up a DotNetNuke installation on Windows XP with IIS 5.1 and MSSQL Server Express 2008. I have checked the permissions on the account trying to access the database and everything is checked. However I keept getting the error, do I need to make ever user in the database an admin to edit and do everything to the database?

Code is Below:
    Code:
    Index #: 0
    Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider
    Class: 14
    Number: 229
    Message: The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'sysobjects', database 'mssqlsystemresource', schema 'sys'.

Index #: 1
    Source: .Net SqlClient Data Provider
    Class: 14
    Number: 229
    Message: The SELECT permission was denied on the object 'sysobjects', database 'mssqlsystemresource', schema 'sys'.

The best thing to do is create appropriate roles and assign them to your users. Maybe one with dataread only, another for dataread/datawrite (if applicable), etc, all pointing to the appropriate database and/or tables within the database. A whole lot easier to maintain a few roles as opposed to many users.

--Edit: NEVER make all users an admin on the instance!

It look like someone would have revoked the permissions on sys.configurations
    for the public role. Or denied access to this view to this particular user. or user has been created after public role removed from the sys.configurations tables.

Provide SELECT permission to public user sys.configurations object.