Unanswered: [SOLVED] Windows Postgresql Installation without password

Ok. I need to use postgres without a password. Meaning, postgres user password should be null. This is fairly easy to do in Linux but I cant get it to work in windows installation or configuration. I have searched everywhere and I have been 2 days trying this. Any leads?? I have just changed the postgres password through pgadmin3 and now I cant even log on to the database.

Thanks
    Last edited by cabutan; 04-28-09 at 16:34.

Provided Answers: 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cabutan
    Ok. I need to use postgres without a password. Meaning, postgres user password should be null. This is fairly easy to do in Linux but I cant get it to work in windows installation or configuration. I have searched everywhere and I have been 2 days trying this. Any leads?? I have just changed the postgres password through pgadmin3 and now I cant even log on to the database.
    Which postgres user do you mean?

The Windows OS user or the database user?

pgadmin will not change the Windows password...

Ok got it. It was the postgres user. From the installation it seemed as if PGSQL uses the postgres windows user's password for the postgres user in the db. It was a matter of altering the pg one..

Thanks !

ouch. You have the database superuser able to log on without a password? you're braver than I am...
    Lou
    使大吃一惊
    "Lisa, in this house, we obey the laws of thermodynamics!" - Homer Simpson
    "I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them!" - Bette Middler
    "It's a book about a Spanish guy named Manual. You should read it." - Dilbert