Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Unanswered: VBA DoCMD Where Condition

Hi,
    I am trying to use DoCMD to open a report and use two where conditions. I am having difficulty finding the correct syntax to use. This is what i have:

Dim strWhereMonth As String
    Dim strWhereYear As String

strWhereMonth = "[Month] = Forms![Sales View Dialog Box]!SelectMonth"
    strWhereYear = "[Year] = Forms![Sales View Dialog Box]!SelectYear"

DoCmd.OpenReport "Sales By month", acViewPreview, , strWhereYear And strWhereMonth

For some reason it does not like the use of my AND. I have tried putting quotation marks here, there and everywhere but can't figure it out. Any insight would be appreciated!

If this report ALWAYS references these two values;

Forms!NameOfFormButtonIsOn.visible = false
    Docmd.OpenReport "Sales By Month", acViewPreview

Reference the form values in the query behind the report;

Under the column for [Month] - Forms![Sales View Dialog Box]!SelectMonth
    Under the column for [Year] - Forms![Sales View Dialog Box]!SelectYear

Then during the report close event, make the form visible again Forms!NameOfFormButtonIsOn.visible = true

If not, you are better off modifying the query at runtime - there are many examples of this technique elsewhere in this forum.
    Windows Server 2003-8 / Terminal Services / SQL 2000 / Access 2003 / Office 2003-7 / Exchange 2003-7 / Blackberry Enterprise Server / AutoCAD / Lambert And Butler / Red Bull

Cool

Alright i got it working. It seemed to simply be a syntax error. I'm not sure if VBA lets you use more than one string for a where condition, but i got around it by:

DoCmd.OpenReport "Sales By month", acViewPreview, , "[Month] = Forms![Sales View Dialog Box]!SelectMonth And [Year] = Forms![Sales View Dialog Box]!SelectYear"

The And has to be within the quotation marks, and if there's more than one field name you need to use boxed parentheses. Does anybody know if there's a site with all these syntax requirements listed?

Provided Answers: 6
    FYI, you can use more than one string in the wherecondition:

DoCmd.OpenReport "Sales By month", acViewPreview, , strOne & strTwo

but the concatenation of the two strings would have to evaluate to a syntactically correct clause, such as what you ended up with. Using your first effort, I think this would have worked:

DoCmd.OpenReport "Sales By month", acViewPreview, , strWhereYear & " And " & strWhereMonth

because as you pointed out, the AND needed to be inside the quotes. By the way, the square brackets are required because of the inadvisable spaces in the form names, and probably the reserved words used as field names (month and year), not because there is more than one field being tested.
    Paul

that seems to make sense but yet when i tried to run it with & " And " & in the middle (just as you had stated) it came back with an error stating that its too complicated to be evaluated

Actually I just noticed you would also need to do this:

strWhereMonth = "[Month] = " & Forms![Sales View Dialog Box]!SelectMonth
    Paul

the same problem, help me!

Hi everybody,

I have the same problem. I`m trying to run this command but I don`t know how it's doesn't work. Follow below the code:

Private Sub Command2_Click()

Dim conta As Double

Dim Modu As String

Modu = "[MODULO] = '" & Me.lst_modulo & "'"

conta = "[Conta_contabil] = '" & Me.txt_Conta_contabil & "'"

DoCmd.OpenReport "teste_outline 1", acViewPreview, Cons_trans, conta & " and " & Modu

End Sub

If everyone can help me, I thanks a lot.

Define "doesn't work"; error, incorrect results, etc. You've defined conta as a Double, then tried to stuff a string into it, which won't work. Depending on the data types of the 2 fields, each may or may not need the single quotes around the value; see here:

Open a second form to the record

I note you have both a filter and wherecondition specified. Is that on purpose?
    Paul

ok.

I have one text box that recieve a number (double) and on the same form I have one list box that recieve a text. I want use the Openreport command to print the report with these two filters. Is It possible? With the line code that I`ve already sent I didn`t get the report.

Thanks a lot with your help and compreehension.

The variables you declare here must both be strings, as you're putting a string into each. The data type of the field determines whether or not you need single quotes, as noted in the link.
    Paul

The tips that you sent me on the webpage works with one text box or listbox per form. In my case, I have two different filters in one form (one string and other double) and I want print a report. How can I put both command in one code line command?

regarding

Have you changed the declaration of conta to String as I advised? Do that, use the numeric format for the numeric field and the text format for the other, and it should work.
    Paul

Paul,

I make changes as you advised, but I have a syntax error on the following command line

DoCmd.OpenReport "Report_modulo", acViewPreview, Cons_trans, Modu & "and " conta

Follow below the code. If I make any mistake please correct me, please.

Private Sub Command2_Click()

Dim Modu As String

Dim conta As String

conta = " Conta_contábil = " & Me.Txt_Conta_contabil ---> here I enter with number

Modu = " MODULO = '" & Me.lst_modulo & "'" ---> here I select the text

DoCmd.OpenReport "Report_modulo", acViewPreview, Cons_trans, Modu & "and " conta

End Sub

Regarding
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails syntax_error.JPG  

Hi Paul, after post this comment I saw My mistake. After correct the mistake I realize that the variable conta doens't filter on CmdOpenreport command.

What did I do wrong?

Follow below the code Line after I had corrected

DoCmd.OpenReport "Rel_Trans", acViewPreview, Cons_trans, conta & " and " & Modu

Thanks in advance.

You didn't address what's in the filter argument. The report name has also changed. Have you set a breakpoint and made sure the variables contain what you expect?
    Paul