Question Unanswered: Search By Primary Key

Hi I want to know how can I search for a particular record in a table by Primary Key (Indexing)
    I mean I have a table with 1000 records and I want a particular row if I start searching I m sure it would start with table scanning...Is there way with with I can reduce the serach time by going to tht particular record using Indexing or something?

if the table has a pk and you use the pk in the where clause, the query plan should come up with a seek, not a scan.

R u sure with this no table sacn wud be ther?

Is it possible to find a row W/O where clause with the use of PK

is this u want
    select name,object_name(parent_object_id)as tablename from sys.objects where type ='pk'

Most RDBMSs (including SQL Server) use indexes to enforce the logical UNIQUE and PRIMARY KEY constraints. So by definition, if you have defined a Primary Key, it will be indexed. Now it is possible that the table will be scanned rather than use the primary key index - there are a few reasons for this, but the vast majority of the time it will use the PK index in a seek operation.

Why don't you run the query with the graphical execution plan on? If it scans the table, post your query.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.