Question Unanswered: Password From Ldap

Hi All,

I have to create a db2 stored procedure, which intended to get the password for a user name from the LDAP directory.

But i have only less idea on LDAP plug ins.
    I am using db2 9.5 on AIX 5.3.

So any one can please help me to get the password for the user name from LDAP directory? where user name will be the input parameter to the procedure.

Thanks in advance.

Ratheesh Nellikkal

Provided Answers: 1
    This has nothing to do with the LDAP plugin. You need to write a generic (presumably Java) stored procedure. Google will help you find plenty of tutorials on how to access LDAP from Java.
    ---
    "It does not work" is not a valid problem statement.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by n_i
    This has nothing to do with the LDAP plugin. You need to write a generic (presumably Java) stored procedure. Google will help you find plenty of tutorials on how to access LDAP from Java.

Hi,
    Thanks for your suggestion Nick.
    I can do that in java stored procedure and use it as a external stored procedure in db2.

I am currently in a data migration project , in which i am converting the oracle stored procedure in to db2 stored procedures.

One stored procedure is already there in oracle which gets the password from LDAP by utilizing some oracle packages like
    DBMS_LDAP , so i thought some alternatives should be there in db2 too...

Looking forward to hearing from you friends..
    Thanks in advance.