Unanswered: How to change collation for MSDB

Hi All,

What is best practice to change collation for MSDB, without affecting existing jobs and Maitenance schedules.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards
    NLakka

Provided Answers: 11
    I believe the best practice is to not change the collation of the msdb database. What problem are you facing?

Lol. +1. Not mucking around with system databases is typically a wise and career prolonging move.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

The problem i am facing is, When using off the XXXX application software, for example TOAD for SQL Server, we get a SQL Server Database Error, Cannot resolve collation conflict for equal to operation, causing the software to not function properly.

i need to change msdb database collation from SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS to SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AI

What makes you think that problem is caused by the collation of MSDB? It seems unlikely that the TOAD application is at fault. Presumably your own code is the cause. Have you used Profiler to capture what SQL is actually being executed?

I rebuilt the Master which has resolved my problem, but before doing i have taken all backups,scripted all jobs and logins.

Good Day
    Last edited by nlakka; 05-06-09 at 19:50.