Thread: Database Design

Question Database Design

I have designed a database for transport insurance company that will later be used as my back end for my proposed system.It's in Access however I want to know more about MySql but I don't have time to do it. Hopefully you can send me links or tutorial perhaps about this matter. Please see the attach document for you reference. I'm open for any comments,suggestion,and interrogation. This is my final requirement to pass my Software Engineering subject.
    Attached Files Attached Files

If it is in Access, you would have an easier time upgrading it to SQL Server Express than MySQL.
    If it's not practically useful, then it's practically useless.

blindman
    www.chess.com: "sqlblindman"
    www.LobsterShot.blogspot.com

Smile

Tnx,Is my design correct and normalize?Is it a good back end for my system?

If the design suits your needs, that ought to be good enough. Without knowing more, we can't answer your questions. What exactly do you need the design to do?

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Thanks, it is actually an information system for UNITRANS- an auto insurance company. Wherein a client can be an individual or business firm. The client will pay a premium for ECPTL and PPAI, these are 2 type of insurance that the client has to apply for. ECPTL covers the third party while the PPAI covers the on board. It has to be renewed every year. IS for me can be best applied to this firm especially that they dont have an existing system. They are still in manual.