Unanswered: Regarding MSACCESS problem

1.We are using MSAccess 2003 and DotNet2005.We have created a table of 255 columns of memo datatype and inserted 100 records through ADO.Net using C#. After that I have opened the MSAccess (.mdb) file directly and changed one column value(Initially it was OFF , changed to ON) , copied from first record and pasted in all the record of that column using downarrow key and ctrl+v(very fastly) which results inserting junk characters in some other cells.I attached the screen shots also.

2. In addition to above scenario, 1) I am changing OFF to ON in first record .2) I am pressing ctrl+S 3) Scrolling horizontal scrollbar towards the end very fast and then came back to initial then click on any cell will cause mdb to crash.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Provided Answers: 59
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if you hit an internal lmit within access trying to create a db with 255 columns all of datatype memo. however whether that is whats causing your problems I don't know.

the fact you have 255 columns suggests it soculd be magi numbers (the limit is around that)

mind you I'm amazed you feel you need 255 memo datatypes, tghat just sounds plain wrong
    I'd rather be riding on the Tiger 800 or the Norton

I agree. I'm also not sure how you can have 255 memo columns, and then set one to "OFF".

I think this is one of those where we need to back up a few stages to see the wood, not just a knot in the tree.

Please could you explain what this table is for, what the database is for, give us an idea what these 255 columns store.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Regarding MSACCESS problem(Continuation to above query)

we are creating MSAcess file , table everything at runtime. User will select number of parameters at runtime.Each parameter will be one column and the value we are populating as a record. i am giving datatype as nText from the frontend and it is creating memo at the access table.

kindly assist me regarding this.

we are creating MSAcess file , table everything at runtime. User will select number of parameters at runtime.Each parameter will be one column and the value we are populating as a record. i am giving datatype as nText from the frontend and it is creating memo at the access table.

Is this for a real database or is it just an exercise in coding?

Can you explain WHY you need 255 memo /ntext fields - What data will be stored in them?

(These fields are usually used to store large amounts of text, not ON / OFF values.)

...I cannot imagine a scenario where this would be necessary but as always am open minded - convince me!...
    Windows Server 2003-8 / Terminal Services / SQL 2000 / Access 2003 / Office 2003-7 / Exchange 2003-7 / Blackberry Enterprise Server / AutoCAD / Lambert And Butler / Red Bull