Hi From DataKinetics in Canada

Hi Everyone,

We noticed that we have started getting a lot of visits to our website by members of dbforums so I thought it would be a good idea to become a part of the forum.

We have a very accomplished team of experts specifically related to z series mainframe and DB2. We'll try to contribute as much as possible to the forums in answering questions and you can always PM me if you have a question you need an answer to right away.

Also, we recently published a new whitepaper on Getting more from your Mainframe that we've had a lot of great response to. I'd welcome your comments and feedback: www.dkl.com/mainframemips

Thanks,

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MMASSEY|DKL.COM
    We noticed that we have started getting a lot of visits to our website by members of dbforums ...
    this is most interesting, and would represent a real breakthrough (i can think of several anti-spam applications)

please explain how you were able to detect who the visitors were
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

We run a number of analytics programs (including google analytics) which enable us to see referral sites from individual users who have visited dkl.com from dbforums. In addition to that, we can also resolve IP addresses from users (so long as they maintain a static IP).

Quote Originally Posted by MMASSEY|DKL.COM
    We run a number of analytics programs (including google analytics) which enable us to see referral sites from individual users who have visited dkl.com from dbforums. In addition to that, we can also resolve IP addresses from users (so long as they maintain a static IP).
    i'm sure that's exactly as you say it is, especially the part about divining someone's dbforums membership status from their IP

do me a favour? point out one or two links to your site from dbforums that these visitors may have followed that would have generated the http_referer value picked up by your analytics
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL

I've found one! Only one like. Unless you count this one. I don't think we would.
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    I've found one! Only one like. Unless you count this one. I don't think we would.
    WTF? I'm not even entirely sure that was in English. What are you trying to say, Pootie?
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.

I just read "100 Things To Do Before You Die". I was surprised that "Yell for help!!" wasn't one of them

...and don't you actually have to be referred to by a site before it will show up in your referral analytics?
    aka "Paul"
    Non est ei similis.

I just read "100 Things To Do Before You Die". I was surprised that "Yell for help!!" wasn't one of them