Database Design/Modelling Question?

I seem to be having a hard time trying to understand a question on one of my assignments.

I can't get ahold of my lecturer, and he doesn't seem to be replying to my emails. The problem then holds that the work has to be in by the end of this week and im stuck.

So i was wondering if someone could break down the question for me and put it into simple mans terms. Im not asking for it to be answered

PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER THE QUESTION, i just want it broken down.

[Fictional Company Name] have commissioned you to produce a news website. The website will contain some static (layout, color, theme etc.) data and some dynamic (News, Authors, Keyword, Dates) data. Each article is limited to 255 characters, and has a single author, a topic keyword and the time and ata of its publication are recorded. An author may write several articles over time, but only one article per day.

Question 1:

Use database design and modelling techniques to specify and document [Fictional Company Name]'s requirements. Using Normalisation and Entity Relationship techniques, design data models matching [Fictional Company Name]'s requirements.

Question 2:
    Identify suitable client and server-side technologies capable of supporting required functionality. Identify, document and design web-based management and user interfaces to support defined functionality, including both simple and object-based techniques.

Please Help.

London, UK
    I don't know how I can put the question more clearly than it is. What don't you understand? I expect you must have done similar exercises before where you identify what pieces of data need to be stored and decide how to represent them in a database.