Thread: db2cc

Unanswered: db2cc

hi,

i've installed db2 9.5 on ubuntu 8.10. After i've been through some step, finally i can start my db2. But , the problem here is, when i issued the command db2cc , seems like the control center doesn't appear at all, and the message is like this :

bash: db2cc: command not found

and also, when i issued the command db2set -all, only these thing will appear

[i] DB2PROCESSORS=0
    [i] DB2COMM=tcpip
    [g] DB2SYSTEM=f-desktop
    [g] DB2INSTDEF=f

can anyone here help me ..

Provided Answers: 11
    on some platforms the gui tools are not available
    a remote station (eg windows ) with db2 admin client is needed and on this db2cc catalog the remote db to maintain
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Quote Originally Posted by przytula_guy
    on some platforms the gui tools are not available
    Oh? But on ubuntu it should work.
    Are you logged on as "instance owner"? If not, try that please, it'll probable work.
    As normal user, you must import the db2profiles in your bash shell. Do not know by heart, why don't you peek in the .bashrc of the instance owner.
    O googled for you, read this DB2 Linux Installation Notes
    The 1st few lines of "Part 3" (describing ".profile") is bugging you now.

if db2set is executed, it means the path was found to this executable
    try db2level
    if db2cc is the only utility not found - means not available for this distribution
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..

according the doc
    The Control Center component is only available on Linux® (x86 and AMD64/EM64T only)

Hello topicstarter,
    Would you please open a terminal in your ubuntu desktop and type
    Code:
    uname -a
    Code:
    db2 connect to sample
    and post the result here on this forum?

continue

sory man, out of office , just come back,

uname -a:

Linux f47hul-desktop 2.6.27-7-generic #1 SMP Fri Oct 24 06:42:44 UTC 2008 i686 GNU/Linux

db2 connect to sample :

Database Connection Information

Database server = DB2/LINUX 9.5.2
    SQL authorization ID = F47HUL
    Local database alias = SAMPLE

i can connect , i can get dbm, db or whatever i want, i just cannot open the control center.
    i also try to run the db2profile, but it didn't work.

Hi,
    I also use DB2 on Ubuntu. You probably created user F47HUL using command in terminal. So by default Ubuntu does not uses Bourne shell that DB2 expects.

I suggest you to read "Applications" section of first post of the following URL: developerWorks : Information Management : IBM DB2 Express Forum : Ubuntu 6.10 and DB2 Express-C ... This info is for older version of Ubuntu and DB2, but should solve the problem.
    Regards