Unanswered: Need Help - Please read

Folks, I hate to use this forum to request for job help but I was just laid off from my position and have a need for a new job.

As database administrator I have strong skills in UDB V8 and V9 and have lots of experience with mainframe DB2, but not recent. I am certified on UDB V9 on LUW and DB2 z/OS V8. I have worked on major corporations including IBM, Wachovia, and FedEx. If needed I can work with SQL Server 2000 and 2005 as well.

I am willing to relocate or to fill in a contract position. Please note that I have excellent references.

If you'd like you may contact me at mrivangonzalez@yahoo.com.

Your help would be dearly appreciated.

Ivan

Provided Answers: 5
    Check Monster.com

Andy

I was in your shoes a month ago and it blows majorly. Good luck to you.

I have found Monster to a very little help. career builder and dice were producing more hits by far.

It seams that now days personal contacts is by far the best way to get your foot into the door.

You haven't identified where you are at. I see there are plenty openings in MN and NY area.
    --
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

DB2 v9.7.0.6 os 6.1.0.0

Ivan,

Not sure if it you need this or not, so you decide.

www.staples.com/freeresumes
    --
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows

DB2 v9.7.0.6 os 6.1.0.0

Quote Originally Posted by ARWinner
    Check Monster.com

Andy
    Thanks for the reply Andy. I have been looking all over the place but it appears the market benefits only 'local' folks. Since I do not live in a major metropolitan area I need to contemplate moving...

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar8000
    I was in your shoes a month ago and it blows majorly. Good luck to you.

I have found Monster to a very little help. career builder and dice were producing more hits by far.

It seams that now days personal contacts is by far the best way to get your foot into the door.

You haven't identified where you are at. I see there are plenty openings in MN and NY area.
    I live in Florida but the market here is not good. As you point out the MN and NY areas are great but local folks get the treat...

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar8000
    Ivan,

Not sure if it you need this or not, so you decide.

www.staples.com/freeresumes
    Thank you very much, sorry for the late reply but I have spent weeks looking but not making any progress.