Thread: DB2 and SRDF

Unanswered: DB2 and SRDF

We had an incident recently where data became corrupt at our R1 site due to a bad HBA card. Our UNIX team insisted that R2 would be corrupt also. We never checked our R2 data, but another team discovered their R2 data was not corrupted. Can someone explain how this worked that R1 got corrupted but R2 did not? I expected only data that was written to R1 would be captured and transmitted to R2. Would the data be transmitted to R2 before the R1 HBA corrupted it?

The only reason it appeared that the data is corrupt at R1 is because of the bad HBA. This was not an issue at R2 because all disks were accessible. DB2 went through crash recovery using logs, which were also moved by SRDF, and went on its way without incident.

Quote Originally Posted by redwolf
    We had an incident recently where data became corrupt at our R1 site due to a bad HBA card. Our UNIX team insisted that R2 would be corrupt also. We never checked our R2 data, but another team discovered their R2 data was not corrupted. Can someone explain how this worked that R1 got corrupted but R2 did not? I expected only data that was written to R1 would be captured and transmitted to R2. Would the data be transmitted to R2 before the R1 HBA corrupted it?
    Can you explain what you mean by R1 and R2? I don't think these are DB2 terms.
    M. A. Feldman
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for Linux, UNIX, and Windows
    IBM Certified DBA on DB2 for z/OS and OS/390

R1-R2 is the model that preceded the famous R2-D2 - everyone knows that R2-D2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus_A
    Can you explain what you mean by R1 and R2? I don't think these are DB2 terms.
    Storage Wiki - Symmetrix Remote Data Facility

Zip, did you have to!!? Really!! I almost had our guru (DB2 101) trained in R2-D2 .... and now what? ...

R U Db2 101?

I am R2-D2!!

Who Is Db2 101?