Unanswered: DB2 Connection error (.NET to iSeries)

Hi, I am trying to connect from a asp.net application to iSeries DB2 UDB. Although I can connect easily specifying the connection parameters manually like

DataSource=10.1.1.2;userid=mike;password=test123;L ibraryList=test,*USRLIBL;DefaultCollection=TEST;Co nnectionTimeout=60;" providerName="IBM.Data.DB2.iSeries"

But whenever I try to bind any datasource inside my application lets say a SQL data source with a new connection then I get a communication error.

Error [08001] [IBM] SQL30081N. A communication error has been detected. Communication API being used 'SOCKETS'. Location where the error was detected "10.1.1.2". Communication function detecting the error "connect". Protocol specific error code "10061".

Please help guys as I have to connect all my gridviews inside my application and manually doing that would take ages.

Provided Answers: 11
    10061 means connection refused
    see infocenter for details
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be

Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..

Quote Originally Posted by przytula_guy
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I know its a connection refused error. But I am able to connect manually throught code. However just when I try to connect the datasource by configuring a connection visually then this problem comes
    Also where is the infocenter ? We have access to window session(green screen) and I Series navigator atm.

Hey ASP_Crazy_guy, hopefully you found the answer despite the LUW response to an iSeries question (NOT the same animal - as I'm sure you know).

If you did get the answer, can you post it?