Question Unanswered: DBF Connection to remote server

Hello folks, I want to access a old DBF file [generated in Clipper (?!)] using one ASP page running under Windows 2008 server. The DBF file is located in another server running Windows 2000 server. Both servers are under the same subnetwork. I have trying hundreds of different solutions with and without ODBC but I did not have success until now. Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks, Antonio Testa, Sao Paulo, Brazil.

Provided Answers: 54
    Create an ODBC connection on your ASP or web server (depending on where you need to access the DBF file), then open that from your ASP page.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Phelan
    Create an ODBC connection on your ASP or web server (depending on where you need to access the DBF file), then open that from your ASP page.

-PatP
    Obviously your suggestion has already been tryied and it did not work. It generated a error message informing the file should be located at same machine you are running the ASP page...

Provided Answers: 54
    Obviously. Based on your previous post showing what you had already tried and the results of those attempts I'm sure that everyone knew that. I assumed that since my suggestion works for several thousand users of my ASP pages that it might work for you too.

Oh yeah, you're welcome.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

PatP, Sorry since I was a little rude in my post. I am trying a lot of possible solutions from the simpliest to the most complex and it seams to be impossible to get this metter working properly. Thanks so much an apologize for the previous post. Antonio Testa.