Unanswered: Unable to connect to the database

Can you help me on this issue please?

DB2 Ver 8.2 FP 12
    Windows 2003.

I have switched the HADR role to the Standyby server as Primary successfully. But i can not connect to the database.
    I issued the following command and getting the error as USER ID/PASSWORD Invalid or Resticted.

db2 connec to sample user username using password.

I have checked the user id on domain and it has been setup as local account and it is not locked. Even I can logon to the windows using the same account.

I have stopped and restarted DB2. But still getting same message.

Please post your comments.
    Thanks, gunas.

The sentence is a little confusing. Did you say you did a graceful takeover on the standby and the standby because primary. When you do db2pd -db $DBNAME -hadr it says 'Primary' as the role, and now if you issue a connect you are not able to connect.

What privileges does the user id have ?
    What is the DB state, is it active ?

Provided Answers: 11
    have you defined the alternate server - you should always connect what is the regular primary and define on both machines an alternate
    client has todo 1 connect to receive this alternate info
    list db directory show detail
    Best Regards, Guy Przytula
    Database Software Consultant
    Good DBAs are not formed in a week or a month. They are created little by little, day by day. Protracted and patient effort is needed to develop good DBAs.
    Spoon feeding : To treat (another) in a way that discourages independent thought or action, as by overindulgence.
    DB2 UDB LUW Certified V7-V8-V9-V9.7-V10.1-V10.5 DB Admin - Advanced DBA -Dprop..
    Information Server Datastage Certified
    http://www.infocura.be