Thread: Code Locker

Code Locker

Sirs;

What would make the site outstanding is a "Code Locker" or Vault for code samples in each category, where:
    1. Users could contribute their code samples and/or code they fixed with help from the site; putting in a "Resolved" status to thread, with option to "Add Code to Locker",
    2. So all could search and find samples that might resolve their problems, which could either be pointed to, by moderators, or others helping and found searching the Locker, by the more savy users.
    If this exists I apologize for the entry, but did not see it personally, searching the site.

DBS4M

Becasue DBForums supports nearly every database imaginable, it wouldn't make much sense for a "code locker" like vendor specific sites often have. We do have threads in some forums (notably Microsoft Access with outstanding code snppet support.

We had one for Microsoft SQL Server at one point in time, but it was lost in a forum "melt down" and has never been rebuilt.

In which of the databases would you like to see a code locker? I'll see what I can do to get one started.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.

Code Locker Response

Pat,

I code in Informix, MS-Access, MySQL and PostGres, mostly.

I have some code I would contribute.

Right now I have a very large Access project, so you see me posting there the most lately.

DBS4M

Do not understand

P,

Not sure how you are putting stuff into your "Code Locker"?

DBS4M

No Answer

Pat,

You did not answer my Q.

DBS4M

Sorry, I didn't interpret that to be a question. Read the first post (from Pootle Flump) in the code locker thread for details. It is just a normal thread, you can post there. The moderators tend to be a lot more particular about postings in that thread than in others, so you need to use some care when posting there.

-PatP
    In theory, theory and practice are identical. In practice, theory and practice are unrelated.