Unanswered: 2 Sources Needed

All,

Been looking all over the net for the following:
    1. How to set browseinfo.pidlRoot to the current directory,
    2. How to find all the routines in module, when selected from listbox,
    I found one source for Item #1, but was written in C++, and not VBA friendly.

Would appreciate any info you have on this.

Thanks!

DBS4M

I have no idea what browseinfo.pidlRoot is. You can get the db's current directory with CurrentProject.Path

Number 2 I would probably hard code frankly. You can instantiate a module object and parse the text (using the .find method and iterating through the code) but frankly I doubt it is worth it. Why do you need the names of procedures and functions anyway?
    Testimonial:
    pootle flump
    ur codings are working excelent.

More Info

Quote Originally Posted by pootle flump
    I have no idea what browseinfo.pidlRoot is. You can get the db's current directory with CurrentProject.Path

Number 2 I would probably hard code frankly. You can instantiate a module object and parse the text (using the .find method and iterating through the code) but frankly I doubt it is worth it. Why do you need the names of procedures and functions anyway?
    P,
    • BrowseInfo.pidlRoot is the property of the BrowseInfo MFC function that like BrowseForFile, lets you find and select a folder/directory from a dialog. pidlRoot = 0 gives you the Desktop, but have not been able to find the correct setting for Current Directory. I think I saw a routine that let you find it, if you have the CSIDL, but still do not know how to obtain that. If the CurrentProject.Path contains this would resolve the issue. A fair example of how this all works is at:
    • Been thinking of building a 3 list box form for this with first list cotaining all the modules, from MSObjects, second list containing the list of routines/functions in the item select from box 1, and third box containing the item select from box 2. Reason for this is I am programming a OPS system where the customer has to deliver custom reports tailored to their clients, and the the processing for these report are contained in class modules. Right now only using one class module, so box1 could be eliminated, but with box1 I'm thinking about other possibilites. Anyway the processing for a specific client will be found in a routine which I need the form to assign to them into a processing table, so client and report can be selected from my existing "Run" form and get the report out. Most are Excel templates, so the table for the "Run" contains all this data. Thumbnail attached.
    The form we are discussing will pop-up with browse button, on the Class Module field.

DBS4M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ClientReports.png  

Some code

All,

I found some code under AdminToolDemo.mdb by simshop, where they are pulling all into a single list box. Can tweak this to go into the seperate boxes I need.

Let you know when I have answer.

Thanks!

DBS4M

No and Yes - partly

All,

NO
    I never did find the right filter for the "Current Directory"

Yes - Partly
    I have my 3 part form, with left box containing the modules with

lstbox.rowsource = "Select name from msysobjects where ([type]=-32761);"

but have not found a way to pull the routines and functions by name from the module, when module is selected from the left list box.

Any help appreciated.

DBS4M

Q

All,

Should I break these 2 out into seperate threads?

DBS4M